Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Friday/Monday's Perfume Post + cool news

Ok ok, I know, I suck. So on Friday I did try one of the perfumes but I went out so I didn't have time to review it. Saturday I wasn't feeling well so I didn't do anything and then on Sunday I told myself I needed to do another one and just completely forgot. And then I tested another one today. So here are your two missed reviews. On Friday I tried out Imogen Rose. It is the most expensive of the perfumes, by somewhat a lot so I expected it to be really amazing, but to be honest I didn't really like it. It is very floral, of course I expected it to be, but I expected it to be a fresh and rosy type of floral and it's not really, it's just your basic every-flowery-perfume-out-there kind of scent. It is also extremely strong, and just not really my type of scent. It's not horrible or anything, I could find occasions to wear it, when you need a common and sort of sophisticated scent, just not my favorite.

Today I wore Karma. This is sort of Lush's signature scent, they have other items that sell well and have the same scent. In the bottle it just has an overpowering alcohol scent, but once I put it on it calmed down nicely. It was more subtle than some of the other perfumes, and I think the scent matched me pretty well. I can't describe the scent very well, it's supposed to have some patchouli in it but I wasn't really getting that. It seems like a warm type of smell, not really spicy but not flowery either. It's hard to describe but I liked it, I just made sure to be extremely sparse when applying it. I literally barely touched the bottle to one spot on my neck because I didn't want it to be as strong as I was expecting from the bottle. I liked it but I just liked some of the others better.

Oh, so guess what guys, I finally fiiiiiiiinally got my hands on a Naked palette from Urban Decay! Me and my mom have been looking for these since like before Christmas I think. Every time we went to an Ulta or Sephora we would check to see if they had any in and they never did. Yesterday we were shopping in another town which has an Ulta that is a little bigger than the one in our town. We decided to pop in and just check, and lo and behold there were two pretty little palettes there just for us. My mom really was the one who wanted one, but I decided I might as well pick one up too while they were still there. Also, I picked up the new Rollergirl palette which is soo cute! I can't wait to review them, so I'll probably have the reviews up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment