Sunday, July 17, 2011

Date Look- Rock Concert/My Video Look

Time for another date/going out look! This one is for a rock concert or should I say going to a rock concert is the inspiration for this look since you can actually wear it anywhere. I had been planning on doing this look for awhile and then decided to wear it in the music video, so it's a rock concert/the makeup I wore for the video. I actually wrote it all out the night before so I could just wake up in the morning and get started without trying to remember what I decided on. So here it is.
First, I used some prep items:
Prep Step 1: The little bottle of clear stuff is Rohto Cool eye drops. I used it 15 minutes before I put in my contact lenses and it really takes care of any redness. Be forewarned, when they say "cool" they mean so icy cold it almost burns but only for a few seconds. I can't help it, every time I put these in I do the "it burns" dance, but I promise it only lasts a couple seconds and it doesn't really burn, it's just cold.
Prep Step 2:  Then I used the Garnier Skin Renew anti-puff eye roller. It's not a must have, but it feels so good and refreshing and it really wakes me up. Plus it gets rid of any puffiness.
Prep Step 3:  I moisturized with Dear John by Benefit which is a very thick but luxurious cream.
Prep Step 4:  Next goes on the Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer. Ahh I've done a review on this so you know how I feel about it. I don't use it every day, only for those special occasions when you want to take that extra step in having your skin look as flawless as possible.

Step 1: I covered my under eye circles with concealer, make sure you take care of any blemishes with it as well. I used my favorite concealer ever, Mac Studio Sculpt (NW 20). I put it on with a concealer brush and then blend out with my fingers.
Step 2: Foundation. I realized that both of the foundations I use have SPF in them and this reflects light, making you look washed out or shiny in pictures or on camera so I decided to try Revlon Photo Ready which I had been eyeing for awhile anyway. It has a pump which is a plus and goes on smooth, its just slightly less moisturizing than my regular foundation so I used a thicker moisturizer. Also, it dries fast so I just did little sections at a time and blended quickly. Oh if you're wondering I have the color 004 Nude.
Step 3: Put on some eye primer, I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and then we are ready for smokey eyes.

Step 4: I put the bottom left white all over the lid from lashes to brow.

For a smokey look, you usually leave the lid the light color and put darker colors in the crease and outer corner, but I wanted this look to be a little edgier and darker so I put the top middle color on my lids.
Next I used a crease brush to apply the middle color into my crease and a blending brush to blend it out. Finally I put the bottom middle color in the outer corner of my eyes and a tiny bit into the crease, blending the bit in the crease into the rest of the crease color.
Step 5: I used NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker to make a somewhat thicker line than I would normally use to line my eyes on the top. To line the bottom I used Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero and I also used it in the water line.
Step 6: I then curled my lashes and applied a coat of Loreal Telescopic Explosion mascara.
Step 7: I put one thin line of Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Catfight (hot pink). It matched my earrings and skirt so I decided to just go with it, concerts and clubs are times when I like to experiment with something a little different, sparkles, darker eyeliner or shadow, etc.

Step 8: Blush time. I used my Coastal Scents 10 color palette.
I used the one in the exact middle on the bottom. Since the eyes are heavy, use something that goes well with your skin tone, something that doesn't show up too pinky or dark. This color gives me just a hint of pink on the apples of my cheeks.
Step 9: If you use bronzer go ahead and apply it now. I of course used my favorite Too Faced Peach Leopard Bronzer.
Step 10: For just a bit more glow, I used my Coastal Scents glow dust on just the tops of my cheek bones, just a tiny bit. So if you want, use any cheek highlight. The fun thing about concerts (or just going out) and dates is using those finishing touches that you normally wouldn't bother with, but can make just that little bit of difference.
Step 11: Almost done! I applied my Mac lipstick in Angel and then put some Mac Lipglass in A Quiet Roar over it.
For hair, I just straightened it and then put a little bit of this on the top part:
Osis Dust It mattifying powder and then backcombed the top so I would have some volume. My hair held up pretty well until Josh got ahold of it and destroyed it haha but whatever.
I wore these accessories (the flower is a ring):

And these boots (but if you read the blog post you know what happened with the boots):

And here is everything put together.

And that's it! I couldn't really get the top in there but you get the idea. However, remember this was just for the video, for an actual concert I would NOT recommend wearing boots or high heels at all!! Wear comfortable shoes, you will thank yourself later. Also, I wouldn't really recommend wearing a skirt either, and probably not the long earrings, just to be safe. Like the director told us, you don't wanna be the person standing there nodding your head to the beat with your arms crossed. Have fun, jump around, dance! Don't be afraid of what your date thinks, you might get him to join in since you both obviously like the music!
Hope you enjoyed this post, I'll be doing more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment