Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Eyebrows For Beginners

    I admit it, my eyebrows are far from perfect, but I do try to keep them in shape. I decided to give a few tips here for those of you who are maybe afraid to pluck them because you aren't sure how or are afraid of messing them up. Plucking your eyebrows just a little bit can really make a huge difference in the way you look, its hard to explain but I would say it makes you look more feminine and less harsh?

    So here are some easy tips. Of course it is going to hurt a little bit, but if you maintain them regularly you will only have to take out a few hairs at a time. If you want it to hurt less, pluck after you get out of the shower, or apply a warm washcloth to your brow area for a few minutes before you get started.

    Use clean tweezers to grab the hair near the base and pull very quickly in the direction of hair growth. I usually touch the tweezers to a tissue after each hair, it sticks to it so I don't have little hairs falling all over my face. Start by cleaning up all the hairs in between the brows. Don't go too far in to the actual brow, just get all those little ones in the middle.
    Next, look at the shape of your brows. It is best to maintain the shape you already have so pay attention to where the arch is, how far out they extend etc. Clean up all those stray hairs underneath your brows that don't fall into the natural shape. Don't pluck any hairs from above the brow, trust me this is the easiest way to mess them up, it will get weird, so don't do it.
    Really resist the urge to over pluck. I'm very happy that I never went overboard and over plucked because I don't have to fill them in every morning. I don't use waxes or pencils or anything on my brows. I'm not sure if this is a myth, but I was told that there is a stage in every hair's growth where if you pluck it out at that stage, it will not grow back. It makes sense because I know girls that have over plucked in the past and now they always have to fill their brows in.
    If you really feel that your brows are still too bushy, remove one more layer of hairs from the bottom of the actual brow but be very careful to follow your shape and don't get carried away.
    If even after these tips you are still unsure, or your brows don't really seem to have any shape or you just want some help, consider getting them waxed! A professional can shape your brows for you and then when you go home, you can follow along the shape she (or he) gave you so you only have to spend the money that one time. When I got mine waxed, she used a gel that was easier to shape and pressed her fingers to my brows after she pulled so it didn't really hurt much at all and it looked really good!
    Every day before I put on my makeup or at night after I take it off I look at my brows and see if there are any stray hairs that I can take out. Doing it often like this makes it easier and quicker to just pull a few hairs then if I wait a long time for them all to grow out.
    I hope these tips help and if you have any of your own be sure to add them in the comments! Stay tuned for my reply to a tag I got.
PS: Here's a pic of the Essie colors, the darker one is the Turquoise and Caicos and the light one on my ring finger is Absolutely Shore. I'm on day 4 and there's no chipping which for me is a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment