Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Collection: Blush

Time for another My Collection post, this one is all my blushes!
Alright. So I was going to do a post on "rock concert" type of makeup and fashion based on what I wore to the music video shoot (the thing I did yesterday that I was excited about) but I ended up having so much to do the day before and when I came home yesterday I just passed out exhausted so I didn't get time. It will go up eventually but I've got a different post today and I better get started because it might be kind of long.

Blush is something that a lot of people tend to overlook or at least leave out of an essentials list, but it was one of the first makeup items I started to wear. That flush of color is the perfect thing to give your complexion life as well as a good healthy look about it. I usually wear blush every day.

I started using Benefit blushes and they last forEVER which is why I have so many of them still.
Benetint:
This is the first one I ever got. It is a cheek and lip tint/stain, but I rarely ever use it on my lips since it tends to dry them out. It has a rosy scent to it and is a classic Benefit product. I used to use it everyday but it's been out of rotation to me for awhile just to make way for other products not because I don't like it.
Posietint:
I like this one even better, it is creamier and lighter. They call it a "petal pink" color which is perfect. With the tints I usually put a stripe of it along my cheekbone and then quickly blend it all out with my fingers before it dries.
Dallas (Benefit Boxed Powder):
I think I got this at the same time I got Benetint and I have to admit, it was so long ago that I didn't know what to do with it. On the box it says "an outdoor glow for an indoor gal face powder" so I though you were supposed to put it all over your face to give you a kind of ruddy been-outside-all-day look. It just made my face look dirty and I eventually realized this so then I used it as a blush like I was supposed to. I haven't used it in so long, I had to dig it out of the back of my makeup collection. Maybe I will start using it again. It is a darker kind of bronzy color.

Thrrrob (Benefit Boxed Powder):
I love this blush. It is the perfect flushed pink color with just a touch of shimmer and a rosy scent. It can be brushed on with a light hand or layer more heavily for a more intense look without looking overdone. The packaging is adorable too. The color in the pic is a little off, its a bit deeper of a pink than it looks.

Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Sweet Cinnamon:
This is a great drug store blush. It is a perfect color not too deep, not too bright pink, very subtle but looks nice. I like this for an everyday kind of look. Again the color is a bit off (sorry!) but it ends up looking brighter in the pic than it really is this time.

Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush in Velvet Rope:
I loooove this blush, I have been using it almost every day lately. It is so soft and satiny, it is also a great color for summer since it complements a tan (or bronzer) very well.

Coastal Scents 10 Color Blush Palette:
So this is just about perfect. Get this and you will never need to buy another blush again. Many different companies sell this same palette too. There is a purple color which sounds weird but looks great, two reddish orange colors, two pinks, two tans for contouring, two coral type colors and a horribly bright pink which I have never used or found a use for yet.
So that's it! Stay tuned for more beauty posts as well as more My Collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment