Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back To School Look 1: Wide Awake

 Pulled an all-nighter or just didn't get enough sleep? Here's my favorite look to fake awake, try it out if you want, just try not to fall asleep at your desk!

I start with my Garnier Skin Renew anti-puff eye roller:
The coolness is refreshing and it will get rid of any puffiness.
Next I use concealer to cover up my dark circles, make sure you blend very well, especially if you use a lot of it.
Next do your foundation/tinted moisturizer/powder or whatever you use as usual.
When I don't get enough sleep I look kind of washed out so I definitely use a nice pink blush to make me look more awake (try Benefit Posie Tint or another cream blush for a natural flush) and a light bronzer all over. Or sometimes I use my Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Translucent for for a slightly shimmery glow, or in Light Bronze for some added color. It has a really nice rosy scent to it.
(The one pictured is the translucent.)
For eyes use your favorite eye primer so you won't have to touch up and then go for a light pink slightly shimmery eye color. I love the color Sin from my Urban Decay Naked Palette, but other good ones are UD Scratch, Too Faced Silk Teddy (from the Natural Eye Palette), one of the pinks from the NYX Nude on Nude or something from the Coastal Scents or BH palettes. Just make sure that the pink doesn't match the natural color of your eyelids too well, (if you have discolored eyelids like me, you want to stay away from purplish pinks) because this will have the opposite effect.
Take a pink highlighter like this Benefit Eye Bright and use it around the tear duct, to line the outer corner of your eyes and as a brow highlight.
Stick to a light color to line your upper lash line with, (I'd go with brown). The trick is to stay away from heavy colors.
Curl your lashes to open up your eyes and use a curling mascara if you have one, otherwise go with a lengthening rather than volumizing.
Line your waterline with a white or pearl eyeliner, this is an important step to make you look wide awake.
Last, use a light shimmery lip gloss, I used one of my favorites, NYX Goddess of the Night Baby Rose.

Here is my end result:
Voila I look twelve. Haha the lighting pretty much washed away my work in the pic, but in REAL LIFE, I really do look nice and awake and you can really see the pearly white under my eyes.
I have 2 more back to school looks for you, but really they work in any situation, not just school. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty back to school look! Thanks for sharing! I have the anti-puff roller, and whenever I use it, it makes me feel so much more awake! I have actually been wanting to try Benefit Eyebright and the Happy Booster Blush. Do you think you could do a review on the blush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes I'll do a review on the Happy Booster stuff soon.

    ReplyDelete