Sunday, August 28, 2011

Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV

So, I wasn't really planning on buying any more beauty stuff for a little while, since I just did my haul and satisfied my makeup buying bug. But then I got a tweet from Urban Decay saying that they were going to be at the Sephora at Fashion Valley mall yesterday and the main attraction was the new Book of Shadows IV. At first glance online, the shadows didn't look all that amazing, but then they did some swatches...and I fell in eyeshadow love. It isn't out yet, but I went on down to San Diego and managed to get my hands on one!

The girls told me all about it before I bought it. It has a little card with 5 QR codes that you can scan with your smart phone and then a video will come up showing you how to do different looks using the palette. It even has a little pocket in the box where you can put your phone so you can watch the video while you do your makeup. There is a mirror too. It comes with 16 amazing colors, a 24/7 Waterproof liquid liner in Perversion (black) a Supercurl mascara, a tube of Primer Potion and a little keychain speaker so you can plug your iPod or phone into it, (it comes with the cords too). Everyone in the store was so excited for me when they saw me carrying it up to the register haha. I even got some free stuff from UD too! I got a t-shirt, a baby tube of Eden Primer Potion and a full sized bottle of Meltdown Makeup Remover. Sweeeet.
Above are the front and back of the shirt, it's pretty but I asked for medium and she accidentally gave me an extra large! So I'll either use it as a sleeping shirt or find a creative way to cut it up and make it look okay.
And here are my other freebies.
I watched all the videos already, they are all pretty and different looks. I tried out the "Crystallized" look today, here is a close up.
I also tried the mascara today and I really like it so far! It curls really well. Last night I tried the makeup remover. I don't really know if it's just supposed to be for eyes or my whole face. I used it on my eyes and it took off all my eye makeup, its nice and creamy and was hydrating on my skin without being oily. I also used it on the rest of my face and it worked well too. I don't really think I'll buy it once it runs out, it is a little pricey and my other eye makeup remover works just as well. I'll see what it does once I use the waterproof liner, I may have to use it for that and I'll also see what it does on my harder to remove mascaras, maybe I'll just save it for times when I use those.
Overall, the box is awesome and I recommend at least swatching some of the colors if they get a tester in your store, they look surprisingly different and flattering. I am done with makeup splurges for awhile now!

No comments:

Post a Comment