Monday, August 22, 2011

Ulta Haul + New Obsession?

I went to Ulta yesterday to look around and ended up getting a few things that I thought are kind of interesting so I thought I'd do a little haul. Plus, it looks like I'm guilty of having a new obsession, can you guess what it is? Oh yeah I got q-tips too but you all know what those look like.


My husband saw this and suggested I get it. Actually insisted haha. So it's the original Black Shatter and a color that supposedly glows in the dark! It's called Zom-body To Love. I think it would look soooo cool if it actually works, and I would even wear the glowy color on it's own. I cheated and had to try out the Shatter last night, I put it over OPI Alpine Snow which is pure white and here is the result!
I love it and it wasn't hard to do at all. All I did was wait for the white to dry, then quickly brush the black on in one sweep. On some of my wider nails I did one sweep over each half of the nail. I made it kind of thick, I like the way that turned out better than the thin which you can kind of see on my left middle nail. I'm so excited to try it over other colors as well!
I also got another new OPI color.
This one is called In the Spot-Light Pink. I wanted a nice neutral light pink color and this one was perfect. It looks more pink and less peach than the picture shows, I don't really like how it looks in the pic, but I'll take a new pic once I try it on.

Lastly for nails (I bet you guessed nail polish is my current love right?) I picked this top coat up. Sally Hansen Mega Shine. I needed a new top coat and I had been using Nicole by OPI Top Coat Plus and wasn't completely sold on it. I had heard good things about this one so I decided to give it a try. I kind of wished it was also a quick dry, but it says to put it on over dry nails. It does dry quickly though and I'm wearing it now.

I picked up two more things, both of which I cheated and tried out today. I like to try at least some of the products out before my haul so I can tell you something of worth about them besides, "I hope it works/looks good." Anyway, I picked up the NYX Mood Lip Gloss. It says that it goes on clear and then turns to the perfect shade of reddish pink on your lips. It did exactly that too! I loved the color it turned, it matched me perfectly, and it smelled good.
The last thing is a NYX Eye/Eyebrow pencil which sounds weird, why would you want your eyebrows to be white? They had a white one and a pearl white which is the one I got. I got it to go on my waterline, and I've heard that if white looks a little extreme on you, a pearl would give you the same wide awake look, without the weirdness. It is awesome! White does look extreme, plus the only white liner I own is one of the NYX jumbo eye pencils which is too thick to use, plus I'm not even sure it is supposed to go on the water line. This one gives a really pretty pearly sheen.

So that's it, but I did get an Essie polish a few days ago at Target and I thought I'd include it, I haven't worn it yet, what do you think?
It's a dark raspberry color called Big Spender which is my stepdad's nickname for my dog Bender. (Don't ask.)



2 comments:

  1. wow seems like you got some goodies! that is such a pretty nail polish! im such a nail polish addict lol! the mega shine is my favorite top coat EVER i cant wait until you try it out more and to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have fun with my nails for awhile! I actually saw your post on the mega shine and that's why I picked it up! I'm really liking it so far.

    ReplyDelete