Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Date Look (Casual Pool/Beach)

First, I wanna say that I am really pleased with this nail polish so far. I've only had a couple tiny chips that are barely noticeable and for me this is a really long time to go with no chips. It pretty much cancels out the negatives of a streaky first coat and the thin brush!

Second, this is going to be my first date-look post!

Casual Pool/Beach Date Look
This one can seem a little tricky. You don't want to wear makeup that will melt in the sun or drip down your face if you get splashed, but you may want to wear at least something to help boost your confidence. If you are going full-on swimming, diving under waves, swimming underwater etc. you are just going to have to make-do with sunblock and toss a gloss in your bag for when you get out. Wear your cutest swimsuit, your biggest sunglasses, pile your hair on top of your head and rock it. However, if you are thinking more along the lines of relaxing in the pool, or getting your feet wet during a romantic walk down the beach the worst you'll have to worry about is a little splashing. That we can take care of.

I have been absolutely loving Benefit's You Rebel Lite.
It looks really light on my skin in the picture, but it goes on really sheer, and it is the perfect amount of coverage in the summer. I do cover my under eye circles with my MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer (NW20) before I put the You Rebel on. They also have a darker version so make sure you get the right shade. The only problem is that it can look a tad oily, so if you have oily skin maybe go for the Urban Decay one. I usually take a dry fluffy brush and just swirl it around on my skin and that takes away the shine. The best thing about this is that it has SPF 15 in it so you don't even have to worry about putting sunblock on your face and it is nice and cool and moisturizing.

Next I put some eyeshadow primer on, super important so your eyeshadow will stay put. For eyeshadow color I absolutely love the color Shag from my Urban Decay palette. If you don't have the palette I really recommend it, but it can be pricey so you can also just get the single color shadow if you want. It is a really pretty bronze-ish shade that is very subtle, but still noticeable and shimmers in the sun. Also, there are quite a few colors in the Coastal Scents palette that are good dupes.
Seriously look how pretty that swatch is! It doesn't look very pretty to me in the palette but once it is on, it's a different story.

The next part is up to you. If mascara is important, get a good waterproof one. I don't own any, because I've heard they are hard to take off and you know how I am with that. If you want eyeliner, try to find a waterproof one of those and stick to your top lash line only, applying under your eye is a recipe for disaster. Personally I would skip the mascara and depending on where I was going, I might apply a little bit of a brown liner to the top.

Next add a little bronzer if you feel like it, but you don't need to. The last thing to do is to slather your lips with chapstick with an SPF in it. I would throw this into my beach bag for when I get out of the water:
Or something similar. Wow that turned out really pinkish in the pic. It is actually completely ORANGE. It's called Cover Girl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers in Tangerine Splash. I got it to go with my Halloween costume which was orange and pink and I ended up really liking the color for summer, it actually works well and smells great. If they don't have this in stores any more go with a coral, something bright and fun since the rest of your look is so subtle. Or, if you are into stains go with one of those, since they can't melt off!
And that's it! Super easy right? If you try it let me know, I've worn this look myself a few times. And good luck on your date or whatever you plan on doing, (this is also great for any pool or beach adventure). Talk to you all soon!
PS: More Date Looks coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment