Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sephora: Give Me Some Lip

Hi everyone, I just got a Sephora boxed set in the mail today and I thought I would show you guys. I have been wanting this FOREVER and I finally got to order it and it came in today. There is a reason I got it. So I don't know what sucks more, the fact that I have a Friday class next semester or the fact that it requires me to get up early in the morning. So I thought that I would try to cut down my getting ready time by taking a shower the night before and minimizing my makeup by just using a single color from my Naked Palette or something like that. Since I'll be doing such a subtle eye, I can get away with a more dramatic lip, which doesn't take any more effort than slathering it on quickly. So I thought I'd experiment with some lip colors by getting this. Here's what the box looks like.
And the inside:
So the box comes with seven different lip products. Included are:
Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Stick in Amsterdam. It looks kind of like a crayon and it is a pretty dusty rose type of color.
Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Wallflower. This is a darker sort of purplish color that I'm very interested in trying because I love Urban Decay but have never tried any of their lip products.
Lancome Juicy Tubes in Moulin Rose. I've been wanting to try one of these for awhile. My mom gets Lancome stuff and it is really high end so I was pleased that the box included one. It looks like a nice bright pink.
Tarte Rise and Shine Stain/Gloss Duo in Mauve. I've only tried one lip stain before and dried my lips out really bad so it's nice to have the gloss to put over it. From what it looks like this is a dark berry color. The gloss is sparkly.
Josie Maran Argan Natural Volume Lip Gloss in Precious. This tube is bigger than some of the others and it is a bright and pretty pink.
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pout. This is a very light pink and the tube is also bigger like the Josie Maran one.
Sephora Collection Nano Lips in Candid Candy. This one is a light pink lip liner.

So I have never tried any of these products before. I have been wanting to try lip products from almost all of these companies for awhile especially the Urban Decay, the Lancome the Smashbox and the Josie Maran ones. So I couldn't help myself and tried out a couple things as soon as I got the box. I first applied the lip liner. I have never ever used a lip liner before but I know that you should line your lips and then lightly fill them in with the liner so that you don't get a ring around your mouth if the gloss wears off. Then I applied the Smashbox gloss over it which seemed to match perfectly. The light pink over my pigmented lips made it this light lavender color that looked pretty awesome. I really liked both products, the Smashbox one doesn't really have a scent which I found a little odd. There was a tiny bit of an unpleasant scent and then it went away.
 The tubes are pretty small, but they are just supposed to be mini sizes to try.
Something pretty cool about Sephora is that they always give you free samples of stuff when you order from them so I got to pick three.
I picked a perfume, Daisy by Marc Jacobs (Eau So Fresh). It is a very floral scent which I'm not usually too crazy about but I do like this one. The sample bottle comes with a spray top so that's cool. I also picked a Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish and a per-fekt Cheek Perfection Gel which sounds interesting. They were also having a special sample deal so I put in the code and got this.
Three Clinique samples of a cleanser, exfoliater and moisturizer. I've tried the moisturizer before and loved it but am new to the others. That's a lot of stuff for one order. I also got a coupon for a really great deal on Bare Minerals products which I have had my eye on to try next. Be on the lookout for a review on the rest of the products soon!

Also, the yellow nail polish started getting tiny chips, I could have fixed them but really wanted to try the pink. Here it is:
Bad picture I know sorry. I love the color, its so bright and cheerful and it makes my hands look a little tanner for some reason. The quality of the polish however was horrible. I don't know why there was such a difference between the yellow and this one but it was extremely streaky. Even after the second coat there were still little spaces that took like a million coats to fill and it was slightly lumpy, and yes I did shake the bottle first. It was so hard to smooth it out. It looks great, and the color is exactly what I wanted, it was just hard to put on.
Thanks for reading and I'll talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Beauty needs a special place and therefore assigning a blog for this is a good deed.

    ReplyDelete