Thursday, June 2, 2011

Barielle Nail Products

It's kind of late but I'm bored so I thought I'd do a review! I learned about Barielle nail products from HauteLook.com. If you don't know, this is an awesome site. It's free to sign up and every day at 8am there are new sales that give huge discounts on designer clothes and sometimes there are makeup products, shoes, handbags and even vacations.
Anyway, I have horrible nails. I used to bite them, but I stopped when I discovered how much I liked painting them. They break easily and the worst problem I have is with splitting and peeling. So I read about the nail strengthening cream. You rub it into your cuticles and over your nails (I take the recommendation of applying it before bed to let it soak in overnight). You can even apply it over your polish. It is supposed to hydrate your cuticles and make your nails stronger and protect against cracks and splits. It does help a good deal but my nails are really bad so it didn't cure the problem, but again, it does help. The longer I use it the better the results are.
I also think that part of the problem was the nail polish remover I was using. It is really harsh and my nails weren't super bad until I started using nail polish. I didn't think it was the polish and pretty much discovered the culprit was the remover. So I got the little remover towelettes from Barielle as well. They are great, they are easy to use and don't smell bad at all, they have a citrus scent. The only problem is that they can take a really long time to remove your polish since they are so gentle. If I don't use a top coat and the polish isn't sparkly then removing the polish is a snap, but otherwise I can be rubbing off the polish for a good while. I don't mind though, because at least my nails don't look like I stuck them in a pencil sharpener when I'm done.

The last order I placed just came in today. I got a fortifying nail builder because I wanted additional help. It is used as a base coat under your polish so I thought it would be easy to use, plus I've been looking for a good base coat for awhile and haven't been able to find one or decide which one to try next. I also got a polish color because it was only $4 and I decided I could just round out the price. Plus it was such a pretty color!
I tried out the base coat and polish today. I didn't use a top coat because I want to see how long it will last without it. Oh yeah, the color is called Decadence.



The lighting is pretty bad because it's dark out but tomorrow I'll try to take another picture because the color is so pretty. I love it. The polish seemed sort of thin but I put a lot on and when I went in to add another coat, I realized I didn't need it! So that is my little review on Barielle, feel free to add your comments on the brand if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment