Thursday, June 9, 2011

Too Faced: The Classics (Boxed Set)

So I thought I'd go ahead and review the other boxed set I have. This one I got from Ulta awhile back. It is all of the most popular Too Faced basic products in one box.
It has step by step instructions on how to do a natural look using this but I do it a little differently. I put the primer on first of course, after my moisturizer. This primer is awesome. It isn't something I wear on a daily basis, I just use it for when I'm going somewhere special and I want that flawless skin look. Pores show up on my forehead, either side of my nose and down the center of my nose sometimes but I don't worry about them too much. This primer will make them look invisible while making the rest of your skin impossibly smooth and flawless. Your makeup will go on effortlessly.

After I use this silky primer, I put on my concealer and foundation. Then I use the eye primer. I used to always use Urban Decay Primer Potion and then I got this and I use them pretty much interchangeably. They both do the same fantastic job of keeping your eyeshadow from creasing, wearing off and makes the color show up bright and true. The only thing was, at first I didn't like this one because it was too oily, like every time I squeezed the bottle oil would come out first and then the product. I tried shaking up the bottle but it didn't work. I kept using it every once in awhile and suddenly, it wasn't oily anymore. It seemed like it just separated a bit and then mixed itself together. It works perfectly now and it's a little easier to use than the UD because it just squeezes onto your finger.
Next I use a neutral eyeshadow, like today I used Sidecar from the Naked Palette and then I realized I should have used a Too Faced shadow to make it all Too Faced in the picture but you can't really tell anyway because my lighting is bad today. I curled my lashes and applied one coat of the Lash Injection mascara. This is one of the mascaras with the tubes that extend your lashes. It works great and it smells like bubbles which is weird but at least it doesn't smell gross. It really extends your lashes by a lot and it doesn't clump at all. I bet two coats would really make them impossibly long. The tubes remove with water, I actually find it hard to remove with eye makeup remover, the water works better. Still, it is a little hard to get off. I wet my fingers and gently tug the tubes off, it takes a little longer than just using the remover but works better. The picture is of my baby tube, not the full sized one that comes in the box because I didn't want to open it until the other one is empty.
Then I add blush just to the apples of my cheeks. Today I used my favorite Lorac baked blush and then I use the Peach Leopard Bronzer. This is my favorite bronzer ever. It is subtle but you can tell it's there, it just gives a glowing sun-kissed look to your skin. I apply it to my forehead, work it into my temples, along the hollows of my cheeks for contouring, along the underneath of my jawbone and then apply a little more to my forehead, down my nose, on my chin and down my neck. I then do one swipe on each side of my face. I love this stuff!
The last thing that comes in the box is a lipstick in the color Free Love. It is a pale shimmery pink and its really pretty, the color in the picture is way off, it isn't that pale. It is champagne-infused and it smells like champagne too! The more you slather it on the more moisturizing it is but don't go overboard. It lasts a long time too and isn't sticky, its very smooth. It's a pretty perfect shade, if it weren't for the shimmer I think it would be THE perfect shade, but I still really like it. It comes in a weird tube.
And here's the finished picture.
Haha I don't know why I look exasperated, I think I was going for casual. But anyway this was a really good way to get into Too Faced, I would recommend any of these products, they work really well and are very pretty and classic. I also have two eyeshadow boxes and nothing from Too Faced has disappointed me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment