Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lorac: Sephora's Beauty In A Box

So, in Sephora they often have these little Beauty In A Box kits and I love the idea! There is always little samples or even full size items of popular products to try and they usually all go together, like from the same brand or something. I actually got the Lorac one awhile ago, I don't think they have it anymore but I still wanted to review it because I hadn't ever tried any Lorac products until I got this and it's really fun. All the products in the box are designed to give you a specific look they call the Bronze Smokey Eye With a Light Glossy Lip.
Cool right? I just had to get it because 1. I've never tried any Lorac products but I've always seen that section in my Ulta since it's right next to the Too Faced. 2. It comes with almost a full face of stuff. Three eyeshadows, a blush, a gloss and a mascara all in full size. So here's what I did and what I thought of it.

1. I did my regular concealer/foundation routine as usual.
2. I put some primer on my lids all the way up to the brow and extended it out a bit for corner shadow. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance but any primer will work.
3. I used a fluffy shadow brush to apply the color Enlighten from my lash to brow. It's a very pretty color, perfect for highlighting and it goes on smoothly with a little bit of shimmer.

4. I used a smaller shadow brush to apply Bronze to my lids and my Mac 222 to apply the same color to the crease. I was impressed with this color as well. In the pot it looks kinda eh but once on it gives a very pretty bronze with a tiny hint of pinkish tones.
5. I used my 222 to place some Dark Brown to the outer corner and crease being careful to use a light touch and add more if needed. I used my NYX B12 brush to blend it out a bit.
6. I curled my lashes and then used side 1 of the Special Effects Mascara. It is the primer side and yes some of the white does show up as you can see in the picture!
7. I waited about a minute or so for the primer to dry and then applied Side 2. You can't completely tell in the picture but this mascara is ridiculous! It is sooo extreme in volume and very lengthening as well. It is to the point where I don't even wear this mascara, I would if I were going to be in a lot of pictures or something. It clumps the lashes together to give that volume and I can't even coax them apart with an eyelash comb. Perfect for if you want the most extreme lashes possible. The step two side looks just like step one except for of course it is black instead of white.
8. I then used the Baked Matte Satin Blush in Velvet Rope. I have been loving this blush recently and it been pretty much the only blush I've used for awhile. It has such a summery sunkissed look. My mom watched me use it and then had to pick one up for herself even though she had it in a different color. It is so pigmented that I only do one swipe of my blush brush per cheek and then concentrate it on my apples, blending it back slightly.
9. Last I add the Couture Shine gloss in Muse. I also have been loving this gloss. I recently decided that it is the absolute perfect color for me. It is close to the color of my lips but adds a little more purplish pink and tons of shine. I guess it is a little sticky because it stays on extremely well but sticky doesn't seem to be the right word for gloss that is so smooth and soft. The bottle comes with a brush on the end (instead of a doe foot) which I love! It makes applying it so easy.
The shadowing makes my blush look super dark but I promise it is more muted in person. I love this look and the box makes it so easy, it comes with step by step instructions. It really turned me on to Lorac, especially the blush and gloss. If you see these box type things in your local makeup supply store don't be afraid to pick one up, they are super fun. I have a Too Faced one that I will review soon as well. Oh yeah, I would add a black eyeliner, maybe gel or a marker liner to the top lashes and maybe a black pencil in the waterline and a little bronzer but besides that everything else comes in the kit. I hope you guys liked this review!



No comments:

Post a Comment