Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Collection: Mascara

Hey guys! So there's something I started on my you tube channel (I don't do you tube videos anymore if you are wondering, I just feel much more comfortable writing and can't think of what to say on camera), but I started something called My Collection. Instead of doing a video showing all of my makeup I own, I thought I would break it down by like mascara or blush or whatever so I could talk about them instead of just showing them. The only one I actually did was a mascara one so I decided to do it over in blog form so here it is.

Mascara is kind of weird for me, because I never EVER used to wear it. It was the least important makeup item for me and I didn't like the way it felt sticky on my eyes and I thought it would irritate my contact lenses but basically I had just never really tried a good one I think. Also, my eyelashes are pretty long and dark anyway, so I thought I didn't really need it. So one day I did this eye makeup look that was pretty but it made my bottom lashes look non-existent. So I used a little bit of my mom's mascara (she let me) which now that I think about it, sharing mascara seems like something you aren't supposed to do... Anyway, long story short (kind of) I started getting my own mascara and really liking it.

This is the first one I tried:

L'oreal Telescopic Explosion. It has the weird little ball applicator and it takes a tiny bit of getting used to, but once you do it is super easy to use and I really like this one a lot. You use it on little sections at a time and it really separates your lashes that way, it doesn't clump easily and it lengthens by a lot. When it is time to take it off, it washes off easily which is a big deal for me. I hate taking mascara off, especially when you have to pull on them to get it off and it seems like you are ripping your lashes out just to get your damn mascara off. It just takes a long time, but this one comes off easily.

Next is Coastal Scents Rich Volume:
I got this when I ordered my Warm Palette and Blush Palette. I had been wanting both for awhile and then when I saw that they were cheaper together as a set, I ordered the set and this happened to be included. It went on really lightly and I liked it because it didn't make my lashes stiff, it kept them soft and was a good subtle look. I'm kind of embarrassed that I still have it though, because it is old and dried up and I am actually going to throw it away right now. It wasn't my favorite because it was a little bit clumpy after awhile and dried out quickly.

Benefit Bad Gal Lash:
I'm doing these in order of how I got them, I'm pretty sure I remember but maybe not haha. Anyway, I had been wanting to try this Benefit mascara for ever. I was actually more interested in the blue, but I just couldn't make myself pay like what $19 for a mascara when there are plenty of good cheaper ones. So I got the mini one for $9 which still seems a little high for a baby tube, but better than the full one. The little one is great, it is lasting a long time and I never finish a full tube of mascara before it gets too old anyway. This is a favorite along with the Telescopic. It is very dark and volumizing, it makes my lashes look so full and pretty and it comes off easily when I try to remove it. The only downside is it can clump a little if you aren't careful but it's not too bad.It has a really great full fluffy brush too.

Too Faced Lash Injection:

 Yes I have two tubes of this. I got the mini one for free with another Too Faced purchase and then the big tube came with the Classics collection. I haven't opened the big one until I finish the little one. So this is one of those mascaras that have the tubes. It creates little tubes around your lashes so they can actually extend farther out than your lashes actually go. Then they just come off with water. I find that when I take it off, it actually won't come off with makeup remover. I just wet my fingers and then gently tug the tubes and they come off, it is slightly annoying that it takes longer but you don't have to tug hard. The brush is really soft and puts just enough of the mascara on, I bet if you put two or three coats they would get super long and be really awesome!

L'oreal Voluminous Naturale:
I got this one when I went to Ulta to get a new tube of NYX Dolleye Volume. I really liked that mascara, but they were all out so I decided to look for another volume type mascara because the others I owned were more lengthening. The brush on this one has the short little bristles and its kind of weird. I love and hate this mascara at the same time. It would be a favorite because of the way it makes my lashes look, full and dramatic, but it is soo hard to get off! I literally have to scrape it off with my fingernails and that's not really cool you know? I do use it for special occasions or if I just can't help it because I like it so much.

LORAC Special Effects:
I talk about this mascara in my LORAC box review but I'll say a few things about it in case you didn't read that. This mascara has two ends as you can see, side 1 has a white primer, and side 2 has the actual mascara. So I apply side one and can actually see the white on my lashes. I wait a few minutes for it to dry and apply side two over it. It is insane. It makes your lashes so dark and visible and thick because of the primer and also it seems to cluster your lashes together to make a few big lashes instead of feathering and separating them all out. I can't even separated them with my eyelash comb. I think that if you are going to be on camera or taking pictures or something this would be good, or maybe for some other special occasion when you would want enormous lashes but otherwise it is too extreme for me on a daily basis. For some reason, I just can't remember if this one comes off easily or not.

I don't wear mascara every day, only if I am going somewhere. I think the reason I wear it is because eye makeup kind of overpowers lashes so in order to make them really visible again, I put on some mascara. Also, I always always curl my lashes before I put it on so they can be up and out of my way, and not feel like the mascara is weighing down my lashes and getting in my eye.

Look for more "My Collection" blogs in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment